thanks to LifeMojo
An egg preparation Goan style, with vinegar, red chilies and garlic.
|Good For||Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, Weight Loss|
|Health Factor||High Protein, High Vitamins, High Minerals|
|Prep. Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||12 min|
Ingredients (Makes 4 Serving)
- Egg whites – 4
- Whole dry red chilli – 4
- Ginger (adrak) – 1 inch piece
- Garlic (lahsun) – 5 cloves
- Cumin (jeera) seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Vinegar (sirka) – 1/4 cup
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Onions, chopped – 2 medium
- Cinnamon (dalchini) – 1 inch stick
- Garam masala powder – 1 teaspoon
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
- Place egg whites in a pan with three cups of water. Boil for ten minutes. Remove to a large dish of cold water, and peel when cool. Cut the eggs lengthwise in half.
- Grind red chillies, ginger, garlic and cumin seeds with half the vinegar and salt to taste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions and fry till brown. Add the ground paste and cinnamon. Add sugar, remaining vinegar and garam masala powder.
- Add the egg halves. Cook till the gravy thickens. Serve with rice or rotis.